What We Do
Director of Guidance: Ms. Kathleen Melvin View Website
We now have Naviance – the electronic guidance system for
the college application process!
Your daughter and you can access the system by clicking here.
Resources for Applying to College
- Current Senior Transcript Request Form
- If you have applied on-line to a college please complete the following form and submit to the Guidance office. On-line Application Notification Form
The staff of the Guidance Office assists students in making informed decisions for the selection of a college or career, and for planning for financial aid for higher education. This is accomplished through:
- a series of personal interviews;
- developmental guidance units;
- classroom presentations;
- student/parent events, such as: college information nights, financial aid nights, college fairs, career assemblies and fairs;
- scholarship bulletins and regular newsletters;
- resources such as: cd-roms, college catalogs, college handbooks, videotapes, brochures, and internet access.
Other services provided through the Guidance Office include:
- Catapult Learning counselor provides personal counseling and assessment of learning skills;
- Shalom is an auxiliary agency that provides an array of prevention, education, and intervention services. These prevention services include alcohol/drug education for individual and small groups respectively;
- A.I.M. (Adults in the Making), a Shalom Program, addresses the need for individual and group support services as well as the need for information and referral of students who are pregnant or parenting.