- Director of Admissions
- Ms. Marilynn Abraham
- 215-563-8930 ext. 252
Now Accepting Applications for Grades 9 to 12
- Contact the Admissions Office or Download an Application HERE
New Scholarship and Grant Opportunities Available – Call 215-563-8930 ext 253 for Information
Follow Mickey Mouse to Hallahan
Saturday, October 19, 2013
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
application for admission will be accepted throughout the Open House
Parking – Philadelphia Parking Authority Lot 19th and Callowhill Streets
Enter Hallahan on Wood Street between 18th and 19th Streets
Click here for Transfer Information
8th Grade Entrance/Scholarship Exams:
Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM (Open House immediately following from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM)
Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Welcome to the Admissions Department for John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School!
John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School is the oldest Diocesan Catholic High School for girls in the country. Hallahan has been educating young women with Faith, Purpose and Vision, and utilizing our surroundings, Center City, as our campus since 1901.
We just celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Hallahan building and are particularly proud that it is very much up-to-date with the technology and resources to provide an outstanding education to all the young women who attend. Teachers are utilizing computers, projectors, smart-boards and other available technology in the classroom. Additionally there are over 330 computers accessible to students including 180 wireless net books available for classroom use, portable iPad lab, a Mathematics Computer Lab, Graphic Art Mac Lab, Media Research Center with 18 computers and a well equipped Business Department.
10 Reasons to attend Hallahan!
- Standardized Test Place Hallahan Students 90% Above National Norms
- Hallahan Students Achieve at 93% Above National Norm in Math and Reading
- Hallahan Students Place 16% ahead of Other Area Catholic High Schools for Girls in Math and Reading
- 97% of the Class of 2012 are entering College in September
- 86 of 146 Graduating Seniors Offered over $12,000,000 in Direct College Scholarship and Awards Reflecting, on average, a $140,000 Return on a $30,000 Four Year Hallahan Tuition Investment.
- 3 of 5 Liberty Scholarships (full scholarships to Drexel University) Awarded to Hallahan Graduates.
- Mayor’s Scholarship Awarding Full Scholarship to the University of Pennsylvania Awarded to a Hallahan Graduate
- Chinese Added to Curriculum
- Model United Nations Program – Won Golden Gavel Award; Mathletes Captured Title
- 1st and 2nd place to Hallahan Students in Philadelphia Fire Prevention Competition
For Additional information Please Contact the Admissions Office:
Ms. Marilynn Abraham, Director of Admissions
215-563-8930 ext. 252
School Hours of Operation
Summer Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
When School is in Session the Main Office Hours: Monday to Friday 7:15 am to 3:30 pm
Please check the school calendar for any holidays that the school may be closed.