Accepting Applications for Grades 9 to 12
You can still apply to Hallahan for Fall 2014!
Please contact the Director of Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-563-8930×252 for information.
Scholarship and Grant Opportunities Available
Download an Application for Admissions HERE
Follow Mickey Mouse to Hallahan
Click here for Transfer Information
Welcome to the Admissions Department for John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School!
John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School is the oldest Diocesan Catholic High School for girls in the country. Hallahan has been educating young women with Faith, Purpose and Vision, and utilizing Center City as our campus since 1901.
We just celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Hallahan building and are particularly proud that it is very much up-to-date with the technology and resources to provide an outstanding education to all the young women who attend. Teachers are utilizing computers, projectors, smart-boards and other available technology in the classroom. Additionally there are over 330 computers accessible to students including 180 wireless net books available for classroom use, portable iPad lab, a Mathematics Computer Lab, Graphic Art Mac Lab, Media Research Center with 18 computers and a well equipped Business Department.
What is the timeline for the admissions process at John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School?
- 1. Schedule a shadow day or tour here or call Admissions Office at 215-563-8930 x252
- 2. Submit a completed Application for Admissions (applications accepted throughout the year)
- 3. Register for Entrance/Scholarship Exam on Oct. 19, 2013 or Nov. 16, 2013. Schedule an interview through the Admissions Office if you are not taking the Entrance/Scholarship Exam.
- 4 Notification of scholarships made throughout the year (All families must complete PSAS Application to be eligible)
- 5. Acceptance letters are mailed on a continuous basis
For additional information, please contact the Admissions Office:
Ms. Jessica Hearn, Director of Admissions
215-563-8930 ext. 252
10 Reasons to attend Hallahan!
- Class of 2013 offered over $12 million in college scholarships reflecting, on average, a $140,000 return on a $30,000 four year Hallahan tuition investment. 97% of the Class of 2013 went on to college.
- Standardized test place Hallahan students 90% above national norms. Hallahan students place 16% ahead of other area Catholic High Schools for girls in Math and Reading.
- 3 of 5 Liberty Scholarships (full scholarships to Drexel University) Awarded to Hallahan Graduates.
- Mayor’s 2013 Scholarship Awarding Full Scholarship to the University of Pennsylvania Awarded to a Hallahan Graduate
- Chinese Language Added to Curriculum. International learning focus at Hallahan.
- Model United Nations Program – Won Golden Gavel Award. Mathletes Captured Title.
- Center City location allows for many field trips and learning experiences. Accessible to many SEPTA transportation routes.
- The all-girls environment at Hallahan is welcoming, allows for focus on academics and leadership opportunities, and brings students together as sisters for life.
- Mickey Mouse is our mascot!
- John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School has been an educational institution of Philadelphia for over 100 years with proven success in educating women with faith and purpose, preparing them as leaders.
School Hours of Operation
Summer Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
When School is in Session the Main Office Hours: Monday to Friday 7:15 am to 3:30 pm
Please check the school calendar for any holidays that the school may be closed.