What is the admissions process for John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School?
- Submit an application through the application portal. Through this portal, you will apply to Hallahan, upload documents and track your progress on your applicant checklist.
- Submit a copy of your 7th grade report card and most recent 8th grade report card.
- Submit standardized test results (Terra Nova or PSSA)
- We understand that many students were unable to take their 7th grade standardized tests due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, we will accept 6th grade test scores or the most recent standardized test scores that a student has.
- Schedule a date to take our high school placement test (see more information below).
- Submit any applicable curriculum modifications (IEP, 504 plan, etc.)
- Complete a FACTS financial aid application (see the “Financial Aid & Scholarships” page).
High School Placement Test:
All current 8th grade applicants must take our High School Placement Test (HSPT). This test will also be used to determine merit scholarship recipients. Students have a choice between taking the test virtually or in-person. See below for details.
- Virtual Test: This test will be taken at home on a student's own device. All students must be on Zoom with their cameras on so that the proctor can see them throughout the test. The test will be on Tuesday, October 20th from 4:30-7:30 PM.
- In-Person Test: This will be a traditional paper and pencil test given at our school. We will be adhering to all social distancing standards. Students must wear face masks at all times while in the building, including while they are testing. The test will be on Saturday, November 7th from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
Please register for our HSPT here and select the testing option that works best for you. Use access code zz. Test registration is $25.
Virtual Info Sessions:
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we will not be hosting shadows in the building for this semester. In place of shadow visits, we are introducing a fun and exciting virtual event! We will be hosting Virtual Info Sessions once a month on Zoom, starting in October. Stay tuned for more information.
When will I be notified of my acceptance to Hallahan?
Once your entire application is complete in the application portal and you have taken our HSPT, you will receive an admission decision. To be considered for early action, please have your application completed by November 7th. All applicants that meet the early action deadline will be included in the first round of standard admissions decisions, to be sent out no later than December 11th. Applications completed after this date will be processed in January.
Once I am accepted, how do I register?
Click here to register.
For all admissions questions, please contact Nicole Aguiar in our Admissions Office at 215.563.8930 ext. 110 or by email email@example.com