Volunteer Clearance Information
Volunteers residing in Pennsylvania must provide the required clearances, background checks, and Philadelphia Archdiocesan training:
- Pennsylvania State Criminal Record Check – Part of Act 153 - This clearance may be obtained online: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance – Part of Act 153 – This clearance may be obtained online: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Federal Criminal History Record – Part of Act 153 (fingerprinting) – Registering with Cogent System (online:www.pa.cogentid.comor telephone: 888-439-2486) is necessary prior to going to the fingerprinting center.
- FBI fingerprinting is not required if the volunteer has resided in the state of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years. A disclosure statement (http://keepkidssafe.pa.gov/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/document/c_160267.pdf) swearing or affirming in writing that one is not disqualified from the service based upon a conviction of an offense under law/statue 6344 and that one has been a resident of the state for the past 10 years.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Safe Environment Part I (Protecting God’s Children), Part II (Mandatory Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse). Volunteers may register online to attend the program at www.virtus.org. If training cannot be completed, the volunteer may sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct found at http://www.virtus.org/virtus/VolunteerConduct.pdf
Volunteers residing in New Jersey are asked to complete:
- NJ Criminal Record Check (includes fingerprinting and criminal clearances) – This clearance may be obtained online: http://www.njsp.org/about/serv_chrc.html
- Sign the Volunteer Code of Conduct – see above #4.